The University of Notre Dame Hesburgh Libraries seek two innovative,
collaborative, and forward-thinking leaders as Associate University
Librarians.

The Hesburgh Libraries are poised to begin an exciting new era. The Associate
University Librarians will collaborate with our recently-appointed University
Librarian to transform our organization in two significant
ways:

  * More closely align our goals, structure, resources and values with those of the University
  * Energize the organization through emphasis on collaboration, flexibility, empowerment, on-going learning, service excellence, and a commitment to work together as one team.
Our recent strategic planning and organizational redesign processes will
provide a strong foundation for dynamic response to the opportunities posed by
new information technologies and digital services.

Each AUL will provide leadership, vision, and strategic directions for one of
two broad areas of service and will lead sustained innovations in that area
and across programs.

  * The AUL for Digital Access, Resources, and Information Technologies will guide the development of three crucial programs to enhance discovery and access to world class resources within and beyond our collections and develop robust digital library services. These programs are Information Technology and Discovery Services (Web development, Library Systems (Aleph, Primo), and Desktop Computing); Resource Acquisitions and Delivery Services (Acquisitions, Metadata, Cataloging, Electronic Resources, and Licensing); and Digital library initiatives (an area targeted for strategic growth)
  * The AUL for Research and Learning Services will lead three University-focused programs designed to deepen our engagement with the campus by developing distinctive collections, resources, and services that demonstratively facilitate research and enhance learning. These programs are: Arts and Humanities Research Services; Science, Engineering, Business, and Social Sciences Services; and Outreach and Academic Engagement.
The precise combination of responsibilities for these positions will be
further refined after the new team is on board.

Responsibilities of both positions include being able to:

  * Provide Leadership and Vision by playing a leading role in library-wide strategic planning, resource management, and assessment and helping to develop and convey a clear and compelling vision
  * Maintain, develop, and inspire a strategically-focused and highly knowledgeable workforce. Coach and empower program directors and team leaders to excel both directly and through effective delegation and management
  * Build and deepen campus relationships, identifying opportunities to share resources, provide targeted services and programs, and productively collaborate.
  * Actively engage in the profession. Contribute at the national level, recognize trends and opportunities, and use this knowledge to enrich local programs and strategic planning
Qualifications/Specialized Skills:

  * A passionate commitment to the University's research and educational mission
  * Demonstrated ability to engage librarians and staff in successful team work, collaborative planning, and the delivery of user-centered services
  * Experience in successfully leading and implementing change
  * A record of success in developing productive partnerships on campus and across institutions
  * A collaborative management style that prepares and empowers others to excel
  * The ability to develop and lead other professionals
  * Strong grasp of current issues, trends, and technologies impacting higher education and academic libraries
  * Minimum of five years of progressively responsible management experience in an academic or research library or similar institution
  * Advanced degree required, an ALA-accredited program or foreign equivalent MLS and additional graduate degree preferred
Salary and Benefits:

Appointment salary and rank are competitive, commensurate with experience and
qualifications. Librarians are non-tenured track members of
the Library Faculty. The University offers an excellent
benefits and annual vacation package.

Environment:

The University of Notre Dame is a highly selective national Catholic teaching
and research university in northern Indiana about ninety miles from
Chicago. Approximately 8,200 undergraduates and 3,100
graduate students pursue a broad range of studies. For more
information about the University of Notre Dame, please visit the University of
Notre Dame homepage at [http://nd.edu/](http://nd.edu/).
The University Libraries
[http://www.library.nd.edu](http://www.library.nd.edu) hold
about 3 million volumes and provide access to more than 23,000 serials. The
Libraries have 140 staff and 55 librarians. The Libraries are a member of the
Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI), ARL, NERL and other consortia. The
University of Notre Dame is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
strongly committed to diversity. We value qualified candidates who can bring a
variety of backgrounds to our community.

Further details & applications:

More information can be found about this position at the Libraries' website: [
http://www.library.nd.edu/about/employment/](http://www.library.nd.edu/about/e
mployment/)

To apply, please include a letter, curriculum vitae and the names, addresses,
phone numbers and email addresses of three references. Electronic submission
of applications is required. Send all application documents to:

The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
positions are filled.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1491/