From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Edward M. Corrado
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Liebert MCR / Other air conditioned racks

Hi Code4Libers,

This is slightly off topic but it seems like one of the best places to ask
because I'm sure other libraries have similar situations where they do not
having a "proper" server room and would have major difficulty or expense
retro-fitting an existing room. I have come across a few airconditioned
racks. I'd describe them as a server refrigerators. One such device is the
Liebert Mini Computer Room (MCR) [1]. BlackBox also makes a similar product
called ClimateCab [2].  Does anyone have any experience with these products
or similar ones? The room I am thinking about getting one of these for
would probably be fine with just a well designed rack with air-cooled
features except that the campus likes to save energy by adjusting the
buildings climate control settings when people are not typically there. I
am thinking something like one of these racks might be a better solution.

Edward

[1]
http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/en-US/Products/RacksAndIntegratedCabinets
/IndoorRacksAccessories/EnclosureSystems/Pages/LiebertMCRIntegratedCoolingEn
closure16kWand32kW.aspx

[2]
http://www.blackbox.com/Store/Results.aspx/Cabinets-Racks/Full-Size-IT-Cabin
ets/Climate-Controlled-Cabinets/n-4294954894