On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Ryan Ordway <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> 3. The authentication source priority scheme is not at all flexible. We have run into situations where local users that had been around for years suddenly could not login because there is a matching user in the LDAP directory, and for various reasons we had to give the LDAP directory higher priority.

This is getting pretty far-afield, but don't do this! If you need to
do crazy directory merging stuff, it seems way smarter to set up your
own LDAP service that delegates to other directories as you expect
than it does to expect your wiki to be as smart as a full-fledged
directory service.

It's definitely a bummer that there's no out-of-the box way to switch
from a local auth setup to a directory-based setup.

-n