Primo 4 is said to support RIS better and you'll find it much easier to implement Zotero and EndNote. - Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sebastian Karcher
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Primo Metadata

Hi,
please bear with me for terminology, I'm not a librarian.
I'm trying to improve the Zotero translator for Primo catalogs. The translator works decently well for books by looking at the PNX data we get by attaching &showPnx=true to the end of the item/detail view URL.
Unfortunately, most libraries don't provide PNX data that way for articles (for legal reasons? Interestingly the British Library does).
I'm looking for ideas to get at some form of structured metadata for journal articles in Primo. I was able to get RIS for some implementations - Muenster university library e.g. - by using a post request to PushToAction.do?(...)&pushToType=EndNoteLocal&fromEshelf=false
but that didn't work for other implementations - I checked Boston U and Northwestern which also don't list local endnote/ris export as an option.
Are there any other thoughts that could apply more universally?

Thanks for any input,
best,
--------
Sebastian Karcher
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Political Science
Northwestern University

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.