Hi Karen,

My guess is that the plugins support Microdata and RDFa while the hosted
pyRDFa only supports RDFa.
The code example in your other email has attributes "itemscope" and
"itemtype"; these are Microdata attributes.

RDFa defines "typeof" and uses "rel", "rev" and other attributes to
encode RDF in HTML.

RDFa parsers treat stylesheet links in a special way as you have seen,
just like they may include the page title as dc:title. (This is from the
top of my head, everything can be found in the RDFa Primer [1] and Core
specification [2].)

Ben

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-primer/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-core/