Dear Code4Libbers,

Library Juice Academy is starting a series of online professional development workshops for librarians, and we are currently seeking instructors to teach 2- and 4-week courses on practical topics. I would like to see whether any subscribers to this list might be interested, as we need to add some technology topics to our offerings. Some topics we have in mind for courses are introductions to XML, linked data, relational databases, information architecture, and Open Source ILS's. We are also open to suggestions from people who have a special expertise and desire to teach on a topic that would be very useful to librarians who are not necessarily already coders.

For more information, please go to http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/. To see the current course descriptions, click "log in" on the left to get to the front page of the Moodle installation, which lists the courses. This is a very incomplete list.

We are paying instructors competitively. We are planning to start the first classes on September 1st, and are planning a schedule going out into 2013.

Please contact me if this interests you and you'd like to know more.

Many thanks,

Rory Litwin
http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/