Ron,

Bootstrap or Foundation are great frameworks for starting quickly with
responsive design, but you'll get the most out of your site if you do
the work yourself, based on your own content. If you'd like to learn
more, check out my talk from ALA last month on Responsive Design for
libraries. It's part theory and part hands-on, walking you through the
techniques.

The talk: http://matthewreidsma.com/articles/23

The LOL Library demo site: http://lollibrary.org

Cheers,

-Matthew

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Andrew Hankinson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 'Responsive,' in modern web design parlance, refers to the ability of your layout to respond to the different devices and screen sizes that may be accessing your site, and present your content in such a way that it doesn't force the user into non-native device modes of interaction (e.g., 1280 pixels wide means the user on the iPhone will be doing a lot of horizontal scrolling and zooming). So not a re-definition; just an additional meaning.
>

> On 2012-07-08, at 1:58 PM, Dave Caroline wrote:
>
>> I always understood responsive to be opposed to sluggish and a
>> reference to speed.
>> Do I see a redefinition starting up?
>>
>> Dave Caroline

---