Hello everyone,

Cathy asked that I send links to the InterPARES project I mentioned at last
week's meeting. InterPARES is a multi-part international project (based in
Canada) that was active in the 2000s and appears to be continuing with
InterPARES3. The link to the full project is: www.interpares.org

The project focuses on issues in appraising, retaining, and preserving
electronic documents in a variety of disciplines. InterPARES2 includes case
studies. Of special interest to our discussion:

InterPARES1 (2000-2003?): http://www.interpares.org/book/index.cfm
        Part One: Authenticity
        Part Two: Appraisal

InterPARES2 (2007-2008): http://www.interpares.org/ip2/book.cfm
        This book focuses on case studies in the artistic, scientific, and
governmental sectors.

InterPARES3 (in progress): http://www.interpares.org/ip3/ip3_index.cfm
        Focus: electronic records appraisal and preservation at archives
with limited resources.

Best,

Linda Tadic
Audiovisual Archive Network