It's not clear what is going into the folders at the end. The original
PDFs or the extracted text? If it's the former then it doesn't seem
like preserving the formatting would be a concern. Extract the text
using whatever, maintaining a reference to the original file, do your
categorization, then move the original into the proper folder.

--jay