ArchivesSpace is the new tool resulting from the merger of Archivists'
Toolkit and Archon, but it looks like it is not in beta until next year:
http://www.archivesspace.org/documents/project-timeline/

And from my experience Omeka is more collection display than collection
repository, lacking version control among other things.

Scott D. Bacon
Web Services and Emerging Technologies Librarian
Kimbel Library
Coastal Carolina University
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC  29528-6054