To clarify - our use of Islandora/Fedora is for a specific project, a
DAMS for a small image database which needs to scale, eventually, to a
large image database.  The display on that would only be for the image
collection in the near term.  We will have no immediate in-house
display of our EADs.  We rely on OAC for that.  Our use of Archivist's
Toolkit/ArchivesSpace is for managing descriptive cataloging and
internal record-keeping.  In the long term, we'll worry about a
unified interface layer which can pull together the disparate portions
of our Archives.

It is conceivable that in the long term our full repository operation
could migrate to the Fedora architecture (note, I did not say
Islandora).  Using it for a small project allows us to learn &
experiment.  It's attractive because we could always add to it over
time after more applications are developed and we could contribute to
that development either with in-kind work or by throwing money into
having others do the dev.  It will not change the need for multiple
software

cheers,
Laura

--
Laura J. Smart
Metadata Services Manager, Caltech Library