On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 06:50:43PM +0000, Ingersoll, Ryan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am imaging and configuring 20 MacBook Pros for student check out. They will have the option to dual boot (Mountain Lion or Windows 7). I am looking for an intuitive way to inform how to boot to Windows. I was thinking of a desktop background once they log in to the Mac side, but that doesn't seem the friendliest or quickest (though logging in to the Mac is significantly faster compared to Windows). I really don't want to tape instructions to the physical computer either.
>
> Is is possible to tweak the login screen?
>
> My understanding is rEFIt is no longer supported.
>
> Thanks for any advice you might have!

I don't have a solution but I admire your problem. ;-) A couple of things
jump out to me however and I am keen to know how you solved this. How do
you intend to keep these current. If I borrow the laptop and return it
to the library. Is it your plan to manually login to these as the Mac OS
admin and update and then (assuming Active Directory) push the updates
to these? It seems like a lot of room for human error.

Cheers,
./fxk

--
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown