So yesterday, I noticced a question on the libraries & info science stack
exchange site on dealing with TV seres ... which led me to post a question
about dealing with trying to match up libraries with incomplete sets of
multi-disk packages:

 	http://libraries.stackexchange.com/q/1051/62

So far, the only response has been from someone who said that they use a
a shared Google docs file for this.

I'm thinking that some software to better manage this could be useful to
library consortia, multi-branch systems, etc.

So, a few questions for this group:

1. Does anyone know of software specifically designed for doing this?
    (if so, you can probably just answer it on the site)

2. Can anyone suggest existing software that might be able to be
    repurposed to handle this?
    (I've never used the various commercial DVD/book swapping sites, but
    I'm guessing it'd be a similar approach ... although maybe make it
    specifically track by ISBN so we don't get a 'special edition' mixed in
    with a 'regular' edition or widescreen vs. full screen)

3. Would anyone be interested in helping to build it?  (my time's rather
    scarse at this time ... if I manage to loose the election for AGU ESSI
    secretary, I might get a little time back, but once the new year rolls
    around, I'm going to barely be keeping my head above water ... I *am*
    willing/able to fund the hosting service and such, though)
    (I guess just reply directly to me for this one)

4. And to judge demand -- would people be interested in using it if it did
    exist? ... if so, let me know, as I'd need to spec out what the
    requirements are.  (eg, if it should be individual instances for
    different library systems, one big system open to all (with some
    confirmation the registered users work for libraries), or some larger
    system w/ rules set by the offerer on who they'll share with (only in
    this state, only in my consortia, etc.)

-Joe

(I'd attach my .sig, but this really has nothing to do with my day job ...
although, there was that proposal for a 'tool exchange' at NASA that won
the whitehouse SAVE award last year, and it could be construed as a
similar concept ... is just won't help the local library, as they're
dropping all of their physical items)