Located close to the "Silicon Roundabout" in the Shoreditch area of London, we
are looking for a seasoned professional to join one of the most exciting
startups happening at the intersection of tech and science today. You'll be
helping to shape the future of PeerJ's systems and define our architecture. As
one of the first engineers on board, you'll help set the tone for all future
hires and how things are accomplished. If you enjoy setting up and configuring
Redis instances just as much as debugging loggers, then this is the job for
you. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting time in the
history of science as we rethink how science should be communicated. You'll
work side by side with a technical CEO who knows what it is like to be a
developer and writes code daily.

The ideal candidate brings expert knowledge or experience in working with AWS,
database management (both SQL and noSQL), and SaaS. Additional background in
python or PHP frameworks is desired, so that you can help hack your way around
tying our services together.

Send us your CV and describe how you would change academic publishing to
[log in to unmask] No recruiting agencies.

[http://peerj.com/careers/](http://peerj.com/careers/)

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/1790/