Thanks all for the input on PDF manipulation.

I am a reservist. Those PDF files are old unclassified documents. Most
of contents of files are in good format. For example:

Brigade Order: 1-2-3-4-5    10 June 2000

The following individuals are ordered to play Hide and Seek(HAS). Bla
bla bla....

MAJ Tom XXX-XX-1234
SPC  Jerry XXX-XX-4567
End

What I need to do is to put right file in each individual's folder with
right file name format. For example:
~/Tom_1234/10062000_1-2-3-4-5_HAS.pdf
~/Jerry_4567/10062000_1-2-3-4-5_HAS.pdf

You can see that it will be a much easier job for the scripts if the
original content formatting after pdf-plaintext conversion remains
unchanged.

I decide to do it in a not efficient but effective way. I will manually
check every output of pdf-plaintext conversion, correct any change in
formatting, and then feed the plain text file to the Perl scripts.

Again, Thanks a lot for your help!

Yong
A student