This big mess of broken bibliographic records that started out
as Google Book Search, and then spread to Hathi Trust, is now
also spreading to OCLC Worldcat. I find the same kind of
misspellings and misconceptions in all three places. So far,
the VIAF author names seem to be more correct, but maybe they
will soon import all the misspellings from Worldcat as well?

What is the way to stop this downward trend? Where can one post
corrections, so that they go back to the source, and don't
reappear next time? How can I know who copies from whom?

Does Hathi Trust copy everything from Google? And does
Worldcat discover "new" (misspelled) authors and titles in
Hathi Trust, and import them rather than reporting the errors?

--
   Lars Aronsson ([log in to unmask])
   Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/