On Aug 27, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Galen Charlton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/27/2012 08:49 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
>> Actually, Ed, this would not only make for a good blog post (please, so
>> it doesn't get lost in email space), but I would love to see a
>> discussion of what kind of revision control would work:
>>
>> 1) for libraries (git is gawdawful nerdy)
>> 2) for linked data
>
> Speaking of revision control, does any have or know of a sizable dataset of bibliographic metadata that includes change history?  For example, I know that some ILSs can retain previous versions of bibliographic records as they get edited.

If your request extends outside of MARC/library standards, Open Library has revision history.  The API/JSON view specified the current version of the record and you can request older revisions (I think) in the API [1].  They are definitely available in one the available dumps.

For MARC data, while I don't know of any examples of this, it seems like something like CouchDB [2] and marc-in-json [3] would be a fantastic way to make something like this available.

-Ross.
1. http://openlibrary.org/dev/docs/api/books
2. http://couchdb.apache.org/
3. http://dilettantes.code4lib.org/blog/category/marc-in-json/