I agree.  These are basically the same reasons we built a Digital Design Studio in the
Library last year.  During the past year, the director of the DDS worked closely with
several professors who incorporated multimedia assignments into their coursework.
In addition to an instruction session for each class, there are student staff available
to assist while they use the high-end multimedia design software on high-resolution
screens.  As usage expands, we expect that students will start coming to the studio
on their own for projects they want to do.

I think this may become a trend in academic libraries, moving from "where do I get
information" to participating in the entire information life-cycle, from identifying
and selecting information sources to integrating information together, presenting
results, and creating new information.

					Steve McDonald
					Tufts University