The JISC funded CLOCK project did some thinking around cataloguing processes and tracking changes to statements and/or records - e.g.
http://clock.blogs.lincoln.ac.uk/2012/05/23/its-a-model-and-its-looking-good/

Not solutions of course, but hopefully of interest

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting
Web: http://www.ostephens.com