A week ago, I wrote:
> What I have done is just to search (worldcat.org and
> hathitrust.org) for some common Swedish words, and
> I don't have to do this for long before some very
> obvious (to a native speaker) spelling mistakes appear.

I've reported 38 errors to Hathitrust, and got feedback
that they are now corrected. The originating libraries
for these 38 records were:

   18  University of California
    6  University of Wisconsin
    5  University of Michigan
    3  Harvard University
    2  Columbia University
    2  New York Public Library
    1  Cornell University
    1  Princeton University

Maybe Google scanned a lot of Swedish books at the University
of California, or their error rate is higher. I didn't compile
any statistics on the correct records that I looked at.

Four of the records had a title where an a-ring (å) was
erroneously written as an a-dot. But these four records came
from four different libraries. I didn't see any patterns.

--
   Lars Aronsson ([log in to unmask])
   Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/