Ideally, you shouldn't need the hathifiles.

The HathiTrust search page links to an OpenSearch document [1], which promisingly identifies an RSS feed and a JSON serialization of the search results.  Neither appears to work. In theory, doing as Jon says and then appending "&view=rss" would get you an RSS feed.  There is a contact email in the OpenSearch document you might try.

FWIW, if you look at the search page HTML, there is a "fixme" note in an HTML comment, the same comment, incidentally, that also comments out the RSS feed link in the HTML.

Yours,

Kevin

[1] http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Search/OpenSearch?method=describe