On Aug 17, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Ingersoll, Ryan wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am imaging and configuring 20 MacBook Pros for student check out. They will have the option to dual boot (Mountain Lion or Windows 7). I am looking for an intuitive way to inform how to boot to Windows. I was thinking of a desktop background once they log in to the Mac side, but that doesn't seem the friendliest or quickest (though logging in to the Mac is significantly faster compared to Windows). I really don't want to tape instructions to the physical computer either.
>
> Is is possible to tweak the login screen?

You can add a message, if that's what you're looking for.  It looks like it's gotten easier in more recent versions of the OS:

	http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/os_x_lion_adding_custom_messages_to_the_login_window/

Previously, you'd have to go and edit the loginwindow.plist file:

	http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20020921074429845

-----
Joe Hourcle
Programmer/Analyst