Please excuse any duplication; this announcement is being sent to multiple lists.

You are invited to participate in the PREMIS Implementation Fair, a workshop held in association with the 9th International Conference on Preservation of Digital Objects (iPRES2012) in Toronto on October 2, 2012.  This workshop has two sessions: the first discusses PREMIS Implementation activities and the second will be devoted to the Preservation Health Check Project, a new initiative by the Open Planets Foundation and OCLC Research that explores the use of real life preservation metadata for risk assessment. The Implementation Fair will be an opportunity to:

give implementers of the PREMIS Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata an opportunity to meet with one another and discuss implementation issues;
inform the community of implementers of the latest PREMIS updates, tools, and Editorial Committee activities;
share information about projects, problems and solutions;
explore the use of real life preservation metadata for risk assessment
introduce and discuss the concept behind the joint OPF and OCLC preservation health check pilot and summarize results from previous studies, such as comparisons of preservation metadata schemes and risk assessment checklists.
See the PREMIS Implementation Fair 2012 web site for further information:
http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/premis-implementation-fair2012.html

The organizers are soliciting presentations from implementers who want to share information about their PREMIS implementations or have issues to discuss. If interested please contact me or fill out the form at: http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/contact-premis.php

For the Preservation Health Check Workshop, we invite practitioners to come to the workshop with real life examples of preservation metadata, with which we can check and correct theoretical assumptions. We expect this exercise to help build a better shared understanding of the why, what and how preservation metadata are collected and created.

To register for the workshop go to the iPres 2012 site: https://ipres.ischool.utoronto.ca/registration-fees/
Attendance will be limited to 50 participants.

Rebecca

Rebecca  S. Guenther
Chair, PREMIS Editorial Committee
Library of Congress