Shape the future of library systems.

Position: Programmer Analyst III (3-year full-time position)

About you
You are a versatile and innovative programmer who thrives on building new systems to meet emerging needs. You enjoy learning new skills quickly and independently and teaching those skills to others. You want to join a dynamic development team to work on:

  *   Collaborative projects with partners such as HathiTrust and other digital libraries
  *   Multi-institution systems
  *   Big data problems

About us
We are the California Digital Library’s Discovery & Delivery Team. We're planning and building the next generation of library services even as we make our existing systems better. We are committed to fostering a rigorous and supportive technical environment and to growing an agile development team. We need you to help us make it happen. Read more about what we do and our strategic goals for the Discovery & Delivery Team<http://www.cdlib.org/services/d2d/about.html> on the CDL website.

Requirements

  *   BS in Computer Science, information management/science, or a related field
  *   Expert level knowledge of Java and/or Ruby.
  *   Proven track record of writing well-formatted code using object-oriented design principles.
  *   Knowledge of web application development, methods, and best practices.

Preferred

  *   Experience with database design and development. MySQL experience preferred.

Apply here: jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55583<http://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55583>