Hi folks:

We wanted to fill everyone in on recent work on our Wikipedia Digital
Preservation article initiative:

  * We've added a new section to the Digital Preservation article Talk
    page describing our project and how we're proposing to proceed:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Digital_preservation&pe=1&#Reorganization_and_Revision_of_Digital_Preservation_Article
    -- (Andrea also updated the graphic on the Talk page to match the
    great graphic we have on our project page)

  * We've updated the WikProject page to show the scope of the project
    and provide links to the Google Docs and to the article's Talk page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Digital_Preservation

  * We've updated our NDSA WG page to indicate progress on a couple of
    tasks:
    http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Standards_and_Best_Practices_Working_Group#1._Survey_and_document_the_digital_preservation_standards_landscape

In addition to this, though, *it's time to ask for other group members'
help* in reviewing the proposed new content pieces we'd like to insert
into the Digital Preservation article.    Please take a look at the
sections below in the Draft in Progress document at
*http://tinyurl.com/8p2yjrn:
*

2. Definition of digital preservation
3.      Challenges of digital preservation
3.1.   Obsolescence (e.g., media, format, platform, etc.)
3.5.   Formats and rendering (including the idea of "performance")
5.2.   OAIS
8.4.1. TRAC
8.4.2  DRAMBORA [Also new updates to separate DRAMBORA article]
8.4.5.  PLATTER

All comments / suggestions welcome.   We'd like to get these sections
into the actual Wikipedia article before the end of August.

Many thanks,    /Stephen & Dina