Hello,
I'm an electronic records archivist at the Michigan State University Archives, new to this list. Unfortunately, I will not be on the call this afternoon due to another meeting, but I am hoping to make it to future calls.

We are developing the Spartan Archive preservation environment for electronic institutional records with permanent retention, and I have a "due diligence" question to pose to the group.

The MSU Archives wishes to ensure that we are following best/good practices in backing up the Spartan Archive, 10-20 TB of space that includes preservation masters, access copies, and a processing area.

How frequently are you backing up your preservation repositories? Is the standard recommended daily incremental/weekly full backup happening in practice?

Thank you!

Lisa Schmidt

Lisa M. Schmidt
Electronic Records Archivist
University Archives & Historical Collections
888 Wilson Road
Room 101 , Conrad Hall
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI  48824