I keep on thinking about how infrequently I use search to surface the media
that I want.

I mean, if I was doing serious research yeah I'd search and drill way past
2.5 pages of results, I'd look at facets, I'd go bananas getting to the
stuff I need to get to.

But increasingly I deal with interfaces that treat search as a secondary
feature, with predictive or popular results being visually pushed to the
'home page'.

Think about your Apple TV, for example.

--
Nate Hill