The Joensuu Regional Library is looking for an Open
Sourcerevolutionary, passionate about programming, to it's
Systems MigrationProject.

The assignment will last up until summer of 2014, with a trial period
of3-6 months.

You will be dealing with a wide array of responsibilities,
dependingupon your qualifications, including but not
limited to:

-Ubuntu administration
-Building a server cluster and establishing monitoring.
-Database migration
-Being an individual!
-Perl (keep reading!) programming in a distributed service architecture
-Web development
-Fighting for Open Source freedom!
-Help creating and translating user documentation
-Working at the client side in Finnish
-Making design specifications
-A pet project!

We are offering a friendly working environment near downtown
[log in to unmask] The place is pretty
cool!Work is conducted full-time according to KVTES with
relaxed working hours.

What we want from you:

-Initiative
-Desire to improve your professional skills
-Speaking computer fluently in any language (plural is a definite bonus)
-Strong command of King's English
-Dedication

Things considered to your advantage:

-Fluent spoken Finnish
-Existing Perl programming experience, or any Perlish language
-Commits in the Evergreen ILS git
-Experience with the OpenSRF framework
-Working with PostgreSQL
-Library enthusiasm
-Knowing the Mozilla XULRunner platform
-Apache2 experience
-Familiarity with the Atlassian product family

As a proof of your m4d programming skillz you need to implement a
smallPerl Web program running on
Apache2.After sending your informal application and CV to
kivilahti (A) jns DOT fi>, we will send you the programming
taskYou will have a maximum
of one week to return your task.

The deadline for applications is 30.9.2012, but the vacancy will
befilled as soon as possible.

--
Olli-Antti Kivilahti

Open Library 2013