On http://marc.rubyforge.org/ page it's recommended that requests for
gem 'marc' are sent to this mailing list :)

I noticed that Class: MARC::Reader does not close the file after reading
from it. And there is no close method available for this class.

I have a script that loads file from ftp, reads from it using
MARC::Reader and then deletes file. When I try to delete the file, I get
"Permissions denied" error message, since the file was left open after I
read from it.

It will be beneficial if explicit close method is implemented for
MARC::Reader.

The workaround is to open the file via File object first, e.g.,

fh = File.new("C:/temp/test.mrc")
r = MARC::Reader.new(fh)
fh.close

Thank you so much!!!