Always had an interest in paintings, drawings, sculptures, and other priceless
works of art? Ever wonder what it would be like to work for a world-renowned
museum and help manage the behind-the-scenes tech infrastructure of our
300,000 works of art? Then we're looking for you.

The Art Institute of Chicago is looking for a leader to direct the
implementation, application development, integration, and ongoing maintenance
and support of systems supporting our art collection and exhibition programs.

Currently, our museum uses 4D in a system called CITI to manage our artwork
collection and associated interpretive assets. As our Director of Application
Services, you'll work with the entire Collections team to help us augment the
systems and capture and catalogue this process in a better, fresher way. We're
looking for someone who can provide technical expertise, visionary and
architectural oversight, and software programming support for applications
utilizing various technologies such as Drupal, PHP, MySQL, HTML5, Java, 4D
etc.

Responsibilities

  * Design, develop and manage integration architecture for sustainable dissemination of collection and exhibition assets and information.
  * Specify technical requirements and guidelines for projects utilizing external programming staff.
  * Manage system requests for application enhancements and insures that proper resources are allocated and prioritized.
  * Ensure a sound technical infrastructure is maintained on all servers supporting collections and exhibitions.
  * Work closely with the department of Digital Information and Access on project development, scope and user support needs.
Skills & Requirements

Who You Are

  * You're a software engineer (and closet art junkie) with a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a related field. (Experience with 4D a plus.)
  * You're not afraid to work in with complex integrated systems dealing with the storage, publishing and syndication of information, metadata, as well as digital image and media assets. (In fact, these are the puzzles that really get you going.)
  * You've either worked with museum collection management systems in the past or you can't wait to roll up your sleeves and dig into something new.
  * You play nice with others and know how to steer a tech team in the right direction.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/2457/