Totally agreed.

Just reading through those email and feel we might off the topic.

If we want to go from location A to location B. There are so many
choice: take bus, taxi, rent a car, buy a car, buy a leisure car, buy a
air ticket,  rent a helicopter, or even buy your own aircraft.

I would more recommend to see what you really need (Requirement), how
many budget do you have (Resource) and start from there.

BTW, here are some my opinions:
- If you do not have a solid technical development team, please don't
choose open source.
- If you do not have a powerful budget, there is no need to compare with
big organizations.
- Subscription service becomes more an more popular, it is worth to take
a look.

Hope it helps.

--
Jing Xiao

Senior Programmer
L-1005, System, QEII Library
Memorial University, St. John's, NL, A1B 3Y1

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2012.php