I'm not sure if this qualifies as "very good" but I worked on a similar application a while ago. It was a web-based application using PHP and XSLT.

- For the PHP part, I used this function: http://php.net/manual/en/function.xslt-process.php
- For the XSLT, I grabbed one from http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/xslt/

I generated a web form using the above combination. Users could then fill out the form and a new XML file could be generated and download to the user's computer.

Regards,
Alisak.

Alisak Sanavongsay  Digital Assets Programmer  UC Merced Library  209.201.9073  [log in to unmask]