From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tania Fersenheim [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: September-19-12 3:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Seeking examples of outstanding discovery layers

Got a favorite discovery interface?  Send me the URL

I am doing some quick & dirty investigation into libraries that have
successfully and elegantly integrated discovery of various resources,
e.g.:

 - library catalog
 - federated indexing service such as  Serials Solutions or Primo
Central, or a federated search system like Metalib
 - ejournals
 - ebooks
 - libguides
 - library web site
 - worldcat local
 - that kind o' stuff

I am looking for sites that are both nice to look at and seem easy to
use.  I will assume that if you're touting your own site it is
technologically sophisticated.  :-D  Got any faves?

Tania

--

Tania Fersenheim
Manager of Library Systems

Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services

415 South Street, (MS 017/P.O. Box 549110)
Waltham, MA 02454-9110
Phone: 781.736.4698
Fax: 781.736.4577
email: [log in to unmask]