From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Tania Fersenheim
Sent: 19 September 2012 20:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Seeking examples of outstanding discovery layers

Got a favorite discovery interface?  Send me the URL

I am doing some quick & dirty investigation into libraries that have
successfully and elegantly integrated discovery of various resources,
e.g.:

 - library catalog
 - federated indexing service such as  Serials Solutions or Primo
Central, or a federated search system like Metalib
 - ejournals
 - ebooks
 - libguides
 - library web site
 - worldcat local
 - that kind o' stuff

I am looking for sites that are both nice to look at and seem easy to
use.  I will assume that if you're touting your own site it is
technologically sophisticated.  :-D  Got any faves?

Tania

--

Tania Fersenheim
Manager of Library Systems

Brandeis University
Library and Technology Services

415 South Street, (MS 017/P.O. Box 549110) Waltham, MA 02454-9110
Phone: 781.736.4698
Fax: 781.736.4577
email: [log in to unmask]
Visit the National Library of Scotland online at www.nls.uk

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the Information Systems Helpdesk on +44 131 623 3789 or [log in to unmask] and delete this e-mail. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Library of Scotland. The National Library of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity. Scottish Charity No. SC011086. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and has been
scanned by iCritical.

Follow us on Twitter for twice-weekly updates.
Become our fan on Facebook and keep up-to-date that way too.