(apologies for cross-posting)
Colleagues,

Friday October 12, 2012 will be the second annual Day of Digital Archives. This blog/twitter project was created to raise awareness of digital archives issues. On this day, archivists, digital humanists, programmers, or anyone else creating, using, or managing digital archives are asked to devote some of their social media output (i.e. tweets, blog posts, youtube videos, etc.) to describing their work with digital archives. By collectively documenting what we do, we will be answering questions like: What are digital archives? Who uses them? How are they created and managed? Why are they important?

Last year's Day of Digital Archives featured more than 50 bloggers (many of whose posts can be viewed here through the archives) and more than 700 tweets. The topics of posts and tweets covered a broad range of activities from early discussions of the need for particular tools to announcements of completed products.

Do you create, manage, or use digital archives? Would you like to participate? Well then, check out the project blog at http://dayofdigitalarchives.blogspot.com/ to find out more or just tune in there or to the hashtag #DayofDigArc on the 12th to see the results. Please also share this announcement with others you think might be interested.
Thanks!

Gretchen Gueguen
Digital Archivist
Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library
University of Virginia
PO Box 400110
Charlottesville, VA 22904
(434) 924-4073