DC-area NDSA members (and hardy road-trippers!),

Wanted to let you know about the first meeting of the Digital Cultural Heritage Meetup Group (http://www.meetup.com/Digital-Cultural-Heritage-DC/).

Please share this information with your network! Perhaps we'll see you there?

Butch Lazorchak
Digital Archivist
Library of Congress
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
(202) 707-2603
facebook.com/digitalpreservation
@ndiipp

This inaugural meetup of the Digital Cultural Heritage Meetup Group (http://www.meetup.com/Digital-Cultural-Heritage-DC/) will be on Thursday, September 20 at 7:00 pm at the upstairs room at Stetson's, 1610 U St. NW, Washington, DC. We'll start with three quick lightning talks, followed by spirited conversation for as long as it lasts.

Lightning Talk Lineup:

    Viewshare and You: Digital Collection Visualization for the Rest of Us, Trevor Owens, Office of Strategic Initiatives, Library of Congress @tjowens

    Digital Humanities on the LAM: What's Up At ODH, Jennifer Serventi, Office of Digital Humanities, National Endowment for the Humanities @JenServenti

    "Recruiting the World" - so how's that going for you? Interrogating the metrics of success for crowdsourcing. Nancy Proctor, Head of Mobile Strategy and Initiatives Smithsonian Institution @NancyProctor

Digital Cultural Heritage DC meets on the third Thursday of every month. If you're interested in acquiring, preserving, stewarding, providing access to, exhibiting and interpreting digital cultural heritage, join us to meet like minded folks, hear what people are doing in this space, and learn about some awesome projects and technologies in the field.

Please note that Stetson's is a purveyor of adult beverages with all the associated legal restrictions.

Feel free to forward this to anybody else who might be interested.