hehe ah you caught me out :)

It's kinda hard as my existing "channels" are more a diffuse
collection of lists and twitter accounts if I'm really honest.. Deffo
might be worth starting a wiki page with UK specific resources, just
not sure I can handle another channel..

FWIW tho, I'd start by looking in places like

http://helibtech.com/Open+Source

which points pretty directly to the JISCMail list LIS-OSS
(https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=LIS-OSS). Whilst you
might think of this as being a little too HE specific, I think it's a
pretty diverse community.

But really, I'd take my primary information channel as twitter these
days (for localised event news and information), checking out the
#UKLibChat discussions might be an idea. @ostephens, @daveyp and
@benosteen usually have their finger on the pulse of all the good
stuff (If we could persuade them to keep their lanyrd pages up to date
that would be a pretty amazing resource for events).

I think for generic subject oriented questions, it's still good to
have a wider community and this list serves that purpose reasonably
well.

Guess thats where I'd start really, not sure it's much help tho.