>Date:    Tue, 9 Oct 2012 11:28:44 -0700
>From:    Gavin Spomer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Getting The Call Number In bib_display.html On III System
>
>Hello folks,
>
>I'm trying to figure out the III web dev interface in the Millenium java
>client. What a clunky, rinky-dink interface, IMHO! :)
>
>I want to be able to display an item's call number in bib_display.html so
>I can feed it to a php script on another web server. It was suggested to
>me that the token for that was:
>
>    <!--{itemcallno}-->
>
>I tried that on our staging site, but it does not display anything.
>Specifically, I put in:

>lno}-->">TEST-LINK</a>
>
>The link with text "TEST-LINK" displayed, but the callnum parameter wasn't
>added.
>
>Can anyone point this guy in the right direction?

I'd point you first to the manual page for customizing this
particular display.  The page on how III tokens work might help as well.

The itemcallno token is valid in the briefcit.html file (used for
record browse results displays), but not the individual bib record
display.  Item record information on bib_display.html is called using
the items token, but the result is a table with information from all
item records.  As mentioned in another reply, the only way to get
specific values out of this table is by using Javascript.

FWIW, you can use your favorite text or HTML editor to edit these
files; Web Master mode in the Millennium client is not a requirement.

Bob Duncan

Robert E. Duncan
Integrated Technologies Librarian
Lafayette College