It depends on your configuration.  In our instance, EZProxy is configured
so that 132.241.x.x represents "on campus".  Our VPN will give out
132.241.x.x IPs.  So, if you use VPN, you are "on campus" in the eyes of
EZProxy (and thus would not be prompted for authentication).

So, basically what IPs is EZProzy including and what IPs does your VPN hand
out is the key question.

Pat