Other than giving you one less option, it shouldn't really matter.
Everything goes through EZProxy. Resources accessed through the VPN
can be covered by authenticating the VPN IP range. Anything not coming
through the VPN are authenticated by the means you normally use.

Many, if not most, schools work this way, so you have plenty of
company. As always, the canonical resource is the EZProxy mailing
list.

Thanks,

Cary

--