Please take a look at the PKP project, specifically Open Conference System:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ocs

Synopsis:

Open Conference Systems (OCS) is a free Web publishing tool that will
create a complete Web presence for your scholarly conference. OCS will
allow you to:

   - create a conference Web site
   - compose and send a call for papers
   - electronically accept paper and abstract submissions
   - allow paper submitters to edit their work
   - post conference proceedings and papers in a searchable format
   - post, if you wish, the original data sets
   - register participants
   - integrate post-conference online discussions

You can also take OCS 2 out for a test drive on our
server<http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs2/demo/testdrive/>.
The login is "admin" and the password is "testdrive". This installation
will be regularly purged of all data, so please do not use it for anything
other than making a short-term evaluation of the software.

miles