+1 for ghostscript. Used it for excatly the urpose you are talking about
and found it very useful.

It's copious options
list<http://ghostscript.com/doc/current/Ps2pdf.htm#Options>mean that
the learning curve is a little stiff, but it will let you do
pretty much anything you want to your pdfs.

Chad.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Bridger Dyson-Smith <[log in to unmask]