On 10/10/12 11:42 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> On 10/10/12 9:19 AM, Mark Canney wrote:
>> If you're not already aware of it, you ought to take a look at Stories
>> Matter
>> (http://storytelling.concordia.ca/storiesmatter/announcing-stories-matter-v-1-6e/about-stories-matter),
>> an open source oral history database tool developed at Concordia
>> University in Canada. SM allows archiving of digital video and audio
>> materials, enabling oral historians to annotate, analyze, etc.
>

> I just downloaded the Mac version to give it a try. The first thing
> you're supposed to do is click the "New Project" button at the bottom of
> the project list. There's an empty project list, but no "New Project"
> button or any other way of creating a project. Very odd.
>
> The application is Flash-based, and I have a hate-hate relationship with
> Flash, so it may have something to do with that. :)

Finally got the thing working, though I don't know what I did
differently other than restart the application. This app doesn't offer
the tight integration or voice transcription sought in the original
proposal, but it could provide the core of a more modest solution made
out of diverse components.

--
Gary McGath, Professional Software Developer   http://www.garymcgath.com