On 10/17/12 11:46 AM, Nate Hill wrote:
> Maybe someone can offer me a suggestion here...
> I bought a nifty new gadget that records data and spits out csv files as
> email attachments.
> I want to go from csv > MySQL and build a web application to do cool stuff
> with the data.
> The thing is, the device can only email the files as attachments, it
> doesn't give me the ability to upload them to a server.
> Can anyone suggest how I can securely email a file directly to a folder on
> a server?

One possibility would be to create a Thunderbird add-on that would check
messages as they came in and save attachments that met certain criteria.
I can't find anything like that in looking at the existing listing of
add-ons, but might be able to write one. Get in touch with me off-list
if you're interested.

What do you mean by "securely"? I'd guess you don't have much control
over the gadget. Are you just concerned with separating the mail from
the spam, or do you need to encrypt the files? The latter could be a
problem.

--
Gary McGath, Professional Software Developer   http://www.garymcgath.com