And I don't think you can do it directly from email to file unless you
can hack the device or program it inside.

Here is my way if I do it, and you might find a better solution.
1) You need a Mail server, either setup by you own or use a existed one.
2) Access the mail.
     a) If you setup your own as a Linux mail server, you can directly
access it from the mbox file. For PHP you can use
http://pear.php.net/package/Mail/redirected I believe there are
libraries for other program language as well.
     b) If you use a existed server, you might need to use a mail client
to do it. This is a little bit difficult than a). Because you need to
know the protocol of the mail server POP3/IMAP and etc. One tool you can
use in Linux is FetchExc in Java
3) Once you can access the mail, you can extract the data from CSV and
pipe to MySQL, or use script language to ftp and etc. This is not that
difficult. Tool for Java can be http://opencsv.sourceforge.net/

Trick steps are 1) and 2).

--
Jing Xiao

Senior Programmer
L-1005, System, QEII Library
Memorial University, St. John's, NL, A1B 3Y1
T: (709)864-2698
F: (709)864-4034

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2012.php