On 10/24/2012 5:37 PM, Godmar Back wrote:

> a) most queries come from on-campus

Really? Are people just assuming this, or do they actually have data?
That would surprise me for most contemporary american places of higher
education.

But it may very well be the extra "restricted" content is not important
and nobody minds it's absence. (Which would make one wonder why the
vendor bothers to spend resources putting it in there!).

It may also be that since librarians and library staff tend to only use
services from on-campus, they are completely unawares of any problems
that may or may not be occuring for off-campus users (which I think are
probably actually a significant portion of most academic library use,
but maybe I'm wrong).