Interesting, you mention AJAX pages.  Can you elaborate why it would be problem? - Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gary McGath
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Q: "Discovery" products and authentication (esp Summon)

On 10/24/12 2:40 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:

> Primo, by default, will suppress some content from end-users unless
> they are authenticated, no?  Maybe that's what "restricted search scopes"
> are? I'm not talking about your locally indexed content, but about the
> "PrimoCentral" index of scholarly articles.
>
> At least I know the Primo API requires you to tell it if end-users are
> authenticated or not, and suppresses some results if they are not. I
> assume Primo 'default' interface must have the same restrictions?

I've worked with library systems that redirect you to a login page when they detect an attempt to access a restricted resource. I don't recommend this approach; it may have worked OK 10 years ago, but it plays badly with AJAX pages, which have become very common.

--
Gary McGath, Professional Software Developer   http://www.garymcgath.com

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.