Hi all. Thanks Jason for the excellent links.

> Chrome seems to be out front with this last I looked.

After somehow spending an hour reading all this, it seems like audio doesn't work yet, right? Except on Chromium "canary" on Mac. Which is something.

Mozilla's also big into this as well http://mozillapopcorn.org/ https://wiki.mozilla.org/Audio_Data_API . The latter remains Firefox-specific and Mozilla marks it as deprecated. Still, it exists.

Android has a speech API http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/03/speech-input-api-for-android.html, and implements Media Capture it seems.

As a fine alternative, and more general, http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/wiki/gstreamer seems like a sane postprocessed example.

Dear to me, that last. But doesn't one simplify all this by keeping recording off the cloud and building out the separate components?

Record ; send ; speech-to-text ; share and improve .

I do like this, Paul, the idea.

Al Matthews, Software Dev,
Atlanta University Center