From: "Gary McGath" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Oral history app and server
Date: Wed, Oct 3, 2012 5:06 pm

Continuing on this part: My friend says that using any existing speech
recognition software won't work at all well for transcribing interviews
with a variety of people. All such software needs to be "trained" to the
speaker's voice.

A possible alternative is for a designated person to train the software
and re-speak it into the speech recognition software.

--
Gary McGath, Professional Software Developer   http://www.garymcgath.com

They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or
make copies.

** IronMail scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious
content. **