Here's the summary of the summary of what we've found out
(the full summary is here:
http://librarian.newjackalmanac.ca/2012/10/bibliographic-software-bepress.html
 )

Roy Tennant, some years ago, created a Perl script that collects the latest
citations in Web of Science via their WSDL. Lisa Schiff kindly found this
script and sent it my way. While the script is admittedly out of date (and
Web of Science now provides an API for this sort of thing) it still will
prove useful if and when we get to a point in which we want to automate and
script our workflow. [Thank you Roy, Kirk Hastings, and Lisa Schiff!]

And here are some things that we’ve figured out ourselves:

Between Zotero and RefWorks, Zotero exports the cleanest results to excel
format. RefWorks can easily export to Excel, while Zotero requires the use
of an SQLite extension and this script (
https://github.com/RoyceKimmons/Zotero-to-Excel-SQLite-Export/blob/master/export.sql)
kindly provided by Royce Kimmons. On this page (
http://royce.kimmons.me/node/24) Kimmons explains how one can select one or
more Zotero collection/folder for export.

No one that we know of has created an Excel macro to automate transferring
the result of an export to Excel from RefWorks or Zotero to ease the
cutting and pasting necessary to get the information into BePress’s Excel
Spreadsheet.

An alternative means of sharing citations is to avoid Excel exporting
altogether and instead, have staff make their papers available on
Zotero.org in a public library and have the IR coordinator use Zotero to
download the citations using that are either tagged as appropriate (e.g.
https://www.zotero.org/copystar/items/tag/publisherPDF) or those that have
been placed in a given collection folder (e.g.
https://www.zotero.org/copystar/items/collectionKey/THDEN26X).

Papers on BePress can be added to Zotero on each item level page but not on
a collection page.  Improving this capability would require creating a
special Zotero translator for BePress:
https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues/212

Thank you everyone who has helped us work through this. I hope what we’ve
learned proves useful to you as well.